Our team of immigration lawyers in London offers bespoke solutions to clients across all areas related to immigration. We assist our clients from the early stages of their relocation and are able to help them submit the application forms. Our personalized immigration services focus on the particular needs of the foreign national or business looking to relocate to the United Kingdom.
We are able to assist both individual clients who are moving to the UK for employment or family reunification purposes as well as businesses interested in relocating their headquarters to London or another UK city.
When should you reach out to our immigration solicitors in London? As soon as you decide to move to the United Kingdom or as soon as you have signed an employment agreement with a British employee that will also require you to relocate.
Table of Contents
Our immigration lawyers in London assist individuals who are interested in moving to the UK or relocating here. The process is largely based on the motive for the prolonged stay and this is the first essential issues that need to be answered before applying for the right type of visa or residence permit.
We provide guidance across the entire immigration process and we assist our clients who need to apply for the relevant permit with the UK Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin. This means that we are here to answer your questions even before you travel to the UK.
Some of our services cover the following areas:
- Working in the UK: the Tier 2 visa is required for those who have been offered a skilled job or those who are non-EU/EEA citizens; living in the UK under this visa is subject to being employed by a licensed sponsor;
- Investing in the UK: the Tier 1 visa is for entrepreneurs and it is subject to a points-based system; our immigration lawyers in London can give you complete details;
- Studying: this is the Tier 4 visa or the general student visa for individuals over the age of 16 who are from a non-EU/EEA country and who meet other eligibility criteria; this visa is applied for within 3 months before the start of the course at the earliest;
- Family reunification: individuals may be eligible to apply for a family permit to come to the UK or a settlement permit if the applicant’s partner has died and he/she was a British citizen.
Our team of immigration solicitors in London can help interested investors and entrepreneurs with solutions for corporate immigration. This includes but is not limited to assistance and support for transferring employees, information on the law for corporate relocations, obtaining special permits and licenses and obtaining the right types of visas.
UK immigration in light of the Brexit
The immigration, visa and residence permit rules are different according to the nationality of the applicant. This rule has become increasingly important in the context of Britain leaving the EU. The Withdrawal Agreement set out the terms for UK’s retraction from the European Union and establishes the terms for citizens’ rights. The transition period is set to last until 21 December 2020 and during this time the former rules for living in the UK are still applicable. The relationship between the UK and the EU will be overseen by the Cabinet Office.
Our team of immigration lawyers in London is ready to assist you if you wish to seek employment, study, or apply for family reunification in the UK starting with 2021. You can reach out to us for personalized assistance according to your nationality and the purpose of your long-term stay in England.
UK immigration statistics
According to the Migration Statistics Quarterly Report for November 2019, long-term immigration continued in the UK, resulting in an estimated 609,000 individuals who have moved to the country with the intention to stay for at least one year or more. Our immigration lawyers in London summarize the data issued by the Office for National Statistics below:
- Work purposes: 194,557 work visas were granted in the year ending in March 2020 according to the Office for National Statistics; this is an 8% increased compared to March 2019;
- Study: 299,023 Tier 4 visas were granted by March 2020, a 23% increase compared to the previous statistics year that ended in March 2019;
- Family: 194,746 visas and permits were granted during the March 2019-March 2020 period;
- Extensions: 367,827 extensions of temporary stay in the UK were granted in the year ending in March 2020; this is a 32% increase compared to the previous year;
- Settlement: 95,120 decisions were issued on applications for settlement in the UK for non-EEA nationals for the same year ending in March 2020; this is a 2% increase compared to the previous period; 97% of these were granted.
Contact our immigration solicitors in London for personalized support if you wish to move to the UK.