If arrested or charged with a criminal offence, seeking specialized advice is important whether guilty or innocent. Legal representation is highly recommended, and a successful conclusion of your case can depend on working with a team of specialized criminal solicitors in London, such as our experts. We offer complete legal solutions in these cases, and you can rest assured that you benefit from expert legal advice.
Table of Contents
How are crimes defined in English law?
Criminal law includes those acts and offences that negatively affect the society, as opposed to solely one individual (which would be covered by civil law, the one that treats the rights and property of individuals or corporations). A notable difference between criminal and civil law is that cases involving the latter are usually settled with a compensation and, in most situations, there is no need for punishment by imprisonment. However, individuals can face both criminal and civil punishments for a crime.
Individuals who breach criminal law are prosecuted by the state and the proceedings can be brought before the Crown Prosecution Service and will be heard in the Magistrates’ Court or the Crown Court.
Terrorism, murder, fraud, money laundering, drug dealing as well as assault or arson are examples of offences and working with one of the criminal law firms in London, such as our organization, is highly recommended in these cases.
What can we help you with?
We are a team of specialized solicitors in London who are able to assist you if you have been charged with a criminal offence. There are two possible ways in which this charge can be brought upon the individual: either by arrest and subsequent charge at the police station or by being reported for an offence and thus having been subsequently charged.
Criminal Law includes a broad spectrum of offences, some more severe than others. Our criminal solicitors in London specialize in quite a number of areas and are able to examine your case and provide you with specialized advice and legal assistance.
Some of the cases we help represent include the following:
- Minor offences: these can include anti-social behaviour, road traffic offences, criminal damage or assault (the last two only in some cases);
- Serious offences: murder and manslaughter, child abduction, knife crime, actual bodily harm, grievous bodily harm and others.
- Theft and fraud: burglary, robbery or theft; fraud and economic crime such as tax evasion or baking and investment fraud are also included here;
- Drug offences: possession of controlled drugs, supply offences, importation and exportation, opium offences, etc.;
- Others: as needed, our criminal solicitors in London can also provide you with assistance in sex offences, youth crimes, hate crime, domestic abuse, wildlife, rural and heritage crime as well as others.
Please reach out to us, as we are one of the criminal law firms in London that offers essential services. We can provide a complete list of the services provided by our dedicated criminal lawyers available in the Greater London Area.
When should you contact us?
It is essential to seek the services of one of the criminal law firms in London, such as our own, as soon as possible after being charged. Our team offers assistance and representation for offences heard in the Magistrates’ Court, however, we are also able to provide you with assistance as needed for cases handled by the Youth Court or the Traffic Court or the Crown Court, with the latter hearing only the most serious of cases.
Legal guidance and support are essential after being charged with a crime and the experience of having to be involved in a court case can be a difficult one, this is why our criminal solicitors in London offer their full cooperation and expertise when handling your case.
The length of the trial can vary and while some cases may need weeks or months, others can last even longer. Our specialists will be by your side each step of the way, continuously providing legal assistance as needed.
Crime in England
The Office for National Statistics offers us an image of the trends in recorded crime data and it is apparent that some types of crimes have decreased in the year ending March 2020. The data, summarized below by our criminal solicitors in London, shows the following:
- there has been a 4% decreased in recorded firearms offences;
- a 6% decrease also occurred in crimes including the use of knives;
- low-volume, high-harm violent crimes tend to occur in densely populated metropolitan areas such as London;
- there was a 9% decrease in burglary and at the same time a 10% increase in theft from other individuals;
- the overall crime rates were overall lower in the months leading to the coronavirus pandemic, compared to the same period in 2019.
Seeking specialized legal assistance for violent crime, theft, burglary or minor criminal offences is important. Contact our criminal solicitors in London to find out more about our services and how we can help you.