When faced with personal injuries, contractual breaches or other types of civil wrongdoings, victims may choose to avoid seeking legal help or making a claim because of the costs involved in such a process. Legal aid is available in select situations in England and many teams, including our no win no fee solicitors in London, will use a principle that allows the client to stop worrying about the legal costs.
Table of Contents
What is the no win no fee principle?
No win no fee refers to the principle of only paying the legal fees for the services after one has received compensation. In practice, this means that the client will not need to be concerned about the costs of the legal services because the fee will be deducted from the compensation obtained from the defendant.
Our no win no fee solicitors in London set out the teams for this arrangement in writing and by explaining all the possible related costs so that you can make an informed decision. Our team carefully assesses each case, and we offer an initial session during which we give you more details on whether or not your case can be successful. In those situations when our assessment shows that this is unlikely, we reserve the right to not apply the no win no fee clause. When the evaluation shows that your case is likely to obtain compensation, we will present the written terms of the no win no fee agreement.
How can our no win no fee solicitors in London help you?
Our multidisciplinary team is able to offer assistance in a number of legal fields. The key to receiving our aid in the form of the no win no fee agreement is to present us with a no-fault accident, meaning that you were injured or suffered losses as a direct result of someone else’s negligence.
Some examples of the legal services offered by our no win no fee solicitors in London include the following:
- traffic accidents: our lawyers commonly provide legal aid for those who have been injured in no-fault road traffic accident claims; included here are bicycle accidents and pedestrian injuries.
- medical negligence: in some medical negligence cases, our solicitors are able to assist victims under the no win no fee claim; please take note that the range of medical negligence cases we can provide this services for may be limited; we suggest reaching out for more details;
- personal injury accidents: victims of slip and fall accidents, accidents caused by defective products and other situations apart from the two described above can also receive legal aid from our no win no fee solicitors in London;
- others: a number of other cases may qualify for legal aid as provided by our team; alternatively, if your case does not fall under this category, our solicitors can guide you towards legal aid funding provided by the Government.
When should you reach out to our no win no fee solicitors London?
You can reach out to us as soon after the accident as possible. This way, our team can begin your case assessment as soon as possible and will be able to provide you with complete information on the conditions for the no win no fee claim or, if this is not the case, your options for legal aid as set forth by the Government. This type of aid is more common in civil cases, however, under certain circumstances, individuals may receive criminal legal aid.
If our no win no fee is not an option, we can help you apply for legal aid that will generally cover the court and tribunal fees. Some of these fees are the following:
- 550£: the fee for divorce or for ending a civil partnership;
- 213£: probate application fee; first you need to check if you need probate;
- 365£: the application fee for the Court of Protection; payable when one makes an application to start court proceedings.
Please keep in mind that these are just examples of the fees applicable for making different types of legal claims. Understanding the costs of the court proceedings is useful before commencing the process, this is why our team will be able to provide you with more details about the court fees (application and hearing fees which can be charged separately) as well as the solicitor’s fees.
Different other costs may be required and these can include the legal or notary fees for drawing up a power of attorney, or sworn translations for documents (in case of immigrants), if used in the particular case. You should calculate all of these in order to have a clear understanding of the costs associated with making a legal claim.
Contact our no win no fee solicitors in London for complete details about our services and how we can help you obtain legal aid with minimum costs.