If you have been hurt in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another individual, you have the right to make a claim for personal injury compensations. Traffic or work accidents as well as injuries that take place in public or private premises can fall under this category. If you are injured, you can seek just compensation with the help of our personal injury solicitors in London.
Our specialized lawyers are able to handle the claims process in your best interest and help you obtain compensations for the medical expenses and the damaged property. In most severe cases, we are also able to assist the family in making a fatal accident claim.
Table of Contents
What is personal injury defined by law?
A personal injury is a physical injury, disease, or psychological condition that was caused specifically by another party through negligence. The involvement of the defendant is mandatory and the plaintiff needs to show that if it weren’t for the actions of the party at fault, he would never have sustained the said injury or injuries.
Specialized legal aid, such as the one offered by our personal injury solicitors in London is helpful in those cases because the plaintiff will be required to provide adequate proof that will sustain his claim.
The purpose of submitting a personal injury claim is to obtain compensations for the financial losses that resulted from the accident. However, in addition to these, victims are also entitled to obtaining damages that are to compensate for the mental pain and suffering, a common consequence of traumatic and life-altering accidents.
What types of injuries can our lawyers help you with?
Our personal injury solicitors in London can help you in a number of cases. The types of injuries we cover include the following:
- Motoring personal injury claims: specialized assistance for victims who were involved in car accidents in England;
- Work accident claims: we help employees who were injured at work and they are not at fault for the accident;
- Slip and trip: accidents that are a direct result of wet or uneven floors, obstacles or inadequate lighting; the type and severity of the actual injury varies and so does the compensation;
- Product liability claims: if you have been injured by a faulty product (which you have used according to the instructions) you have the right to claim compensations from the manufacturer with the help of our personal injury solicitors in London;
- Fatal accident claims: if a loved one has lost his or her life as a result of an accident in which they had no fault, you can claim compensations for the financial and psychological struggle caused by their loss;
- Others: our personal injury solicitors in London can also help you with sports injury claims as well as severe injuries such as amputation, loss of sight or brain injury.
Please note that these are some examples of the personal injury services provided by our team in London. We are able to assist victims who were involved in many types of accidents as well as the family who survived an individual who lost his life as a result of a personal injury accident.
When should you contact our personal injury solicitors in London?
Our team can help you immediately after the accident. The aftermath of such an incident, particularly one that caused severe physical injuries, is traumatic and overwhelming. We are here to support you throughout the claims process and the challenges that may arise while you attempt to obtain the highest amount of compensation that is rightful in your particular case.
Our personal injury solicitors in London are able to schedule an initial consultation as soon as you are able to after the accident. The primary concern is that of your own health, so you or someone close to you should reach out as soon as possible and as soon as you are able to provide us with the details of the accident.
It is important to note that a claim for a personal injury can be submitted within 2 years of the crime happening.
According to the Annual Report and Accounts for the year 2018-2019 issued by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, the number of applications decreased compared to the previous year. The data shows the following:
- 31,008 new applications were received for 2018-2019;
- 32,280 was the number of applications one year prior;
- in 2018-2019, 6,826 applications were refused because the injury did not qualify for compensation; moreover, 640 claims were rejected because they were not submitted within the time limit.
If you would like to make sure that your claim is not refused, reach out to our personal injury solicitors in London as soon as you decide to make a claim.